- Wild Earth Farm and Sanctuary is nestled on 200 acres in the foothills of Appalachia, just minutes from the Kentucky River, and one hour southeast of Lexington, KY. The Farm is a mixture of forest, fields, cliffs, caves, ponds, and many species of plants and wildlife. Wild Earth is a vegan space, so please leave meat, dairy, eggs, and other animal products at home. It is also a cigarette-free farm and hunting and fishing or trapping are not allowed. Violence, hatred, homophobia, sexism and racism are not welcome.
- Wild Earth hosts events such as: Vegan Permaculture Design Courses, and various other classes. We also have volunteer and internship programs. Join our mailing list to stay up to date on the current happenings on the Farm. Also, check out our various social media sites listed at the bottom of the page for interesting articles, useful information and beautiful pictures. Follow us on Facebook for more event announcements.
- From May through October we offer Microsanctuary & Homestead Tours, where you can spend an hour learning how to turn your backyard into a space for rescued animals and abundant organic vegan permaculture gardens. You will learn the stories of our rescued farmed animals, alternatives to industrial food systems, such as veganic growing, as well as about rainwater harvesting, composting, and no-till gardening methods. You will also learn about rainwater harvesting, hugelkultur beds, swales, food forestry, and herb spirals. Tours are $15 per adult, $5 per child, and kids under 5 are free. Check out our Events page for tour dates, or to plan a private tour.
- Volunteer Days are offered throughout the year. If you're coming from afar, we do offer free camping or a rustic communal cabin for lodging in exchange for volunteer hours. Fill out a volunteer application or check out our Events page for upcoming Volunteer Day events.
Staying at the Farm: Wild Earth offers rustic camping on the farm (by arrangement), or check out our friends at the nearby Snug Hollow vegetarian B&B.
Local Restaurants: Grab some vegan-friendly food and support local business!
- Grab a cheese-less pizza at Steam Engine
- Choose from a variety of Mexican options at El Ranchitos or La Cabana-Mexican
- Mexican food at Don Señor Express
- Indian food at Masala
- Middle Eastern fare at Babylon Cafe
- Thai Food at Thai Smile
- Pizza at Apollo Pizza
- Coffee and tea at Purdy's Coffee Co.
Local Attractions include the Red River Gorge, Daniel Boone National Forest, Natural Bridge State Park, and Berea: Kentucky's Arts and Crafts capital.